Chilli Hot Chocolate
- Cooking time
- 10 minutes
- 175 g (6 oz) plain dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 large pinch of chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 large pinches of ground cinnamon
- 2 vanilla pods, split lengthways
- 600 ml (1 pt) milk
- 200 ml (7 fl oz) whipping cream, whipped
- grated plain dark chocolate, to serve
- Place the chocolate, chilli powder, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla pods and milk into a pan and heat gently until the chocolate has melted.
- Bring to the boil and whisk until the chocolate is very smooth and frothy.
- Remove the vanilla pods.
- Pour the chocolate into 4 warmed mugs and top with the whipped cream and grated chocolate.