Cacciatore-Style Chicken and Salami Pasta
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 400 g (13 oz) chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 90 g (3¼ oz) salami, thinly sliced and halved
- 125 ml (4 fl oz) red wine
- 2 rosemary sprigs, leaves chopped
- 2 x 400 g (13 oz) cans cherry tomatoes
- 75 g (3 oz) green olives (optional)
- 400 g (13 oz) pasta, such as fusilli
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion and garlic over a medium-high heat for 4–5 minutes, until slightly softened. Add the chicken and salami and cook for a further 3–4 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Pour the wine into the pan and simmer until completely evaporated. Add the rosemary, tomatoes and olives (if using) and simmer for 8–10 minutes, until thickened slightly. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water for about 11 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until ‘al dente’. Drain and heap into serving bowls. Top with the sauce and serve.