Baby Vegetables with Pesto
- Preparation time
- 2 minutes
- Cooking time
- 8 minutes
- 200 g (7 oz) baby courgettes, halved lengthways
- 125 g (4 oz) baby leeks, halved lengthways
- 150 g (5 oz) baby carrots, halved lengthways
- 100 g (3½ oz) trimmed asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons fresh pesto sauce
- salt and pepper
- focaccia bread, to serve
Place all the vegetables in a large bowl and add the oil. Season to taste and stir gently to coat.
Heat a large griddle pan over a high heat, add half the vegetables and cook for about 2 minutes each side until lightly charred. Remove from the pan and keep warm while you cook the remaining vegetables in the same way.
Divide the vegetables between 4 serving plates, drizzle with the lemon juice, then spoon the pesto over them. Serve immediately with focaccia.