Boy goes blind after taking drug similar to ibuprofen

Mum releases pictures of son with rare condition

Updated: 


A 10-year-old boy has been left blind, after having a rare reaction to a children's version of an over-the-counter drug similar to ibuprofen.

See also: Distressing attacks on guide dogs on the rise

See also: Using a computer is worse for your eyes than you thought


Laura Cabales has released a series of shocking pictures of her son, Xander, who – nearly three years after developing Stevens-Johnson Syndrome – remains seriously ill. More in the video above.


Related video: