'Kangaroo' cat beats all the odds after being electrocuted

Able the moggy survived hundreds of volts to his body

Updated: 


This brown and white moggy named Able' was horrifically electrocuted by loose wires in the street when he was just a one-year-old kitten.

The bang was so loud that neighbours thought a bomb had exploded. Hundreds of volts surged through the cat's body frying his tail and two front paws - and other street cats bullied him as he lay helpless on the ground.

See also: Cute 'wobbly kitten' video goes viral

See also: Surgery helps cat with no eyelids

But resident Walai Sriboonvorakul (CORR), 49, found Able stranded in an alley some seven days after the accident in Chiang Mai, northern Thailand.

She nursed him back to health and two years later he has made a full recovery - having learned how to negotiate flights of stairs, chase other cats and jump up walls by ''bouncing like a kangaroo''.

Proud owner Walai said: ''Able is a beautiful cat.

We called him 'Able' because he can do everything just like the other animals.