Suffering from an upset stomach? Queasiness and diarrhoea can be very unpleasant - but including these foods in your diet (when you feel like eating) can help to soothe digestion and aid recovery.
See also: Could you have a wheat intolerance?
See also: Do you suffer from bloating? Here are five foods to avoid
1. Papaya contains an enzyme that breaks up food. It has been traditionally used to soothe ulcers, heartburn and diarrhoea.
2. Oat bran is a significant source of soluble and insoluble fibre. You need both for good digestive health.
3. Apples are high in insoluble fibre and rich in enzymes that help rid the body of irritating food particles as well as ulcers, heartburn and diarrhoea.
4. Cinnamon, used traditionally to treat morning sickness and diarrhea, is also effective for breaking up gas bubbles.
5. Fennel is a natural anti-gas remedy. Half a teaspoon should do the trick!
6. Avocado is exceptionally high in potassium, fibre and stomach-friendly oils that keep things moving.