If you suffer from hayfever, you'll know the misery that warmer weather can bring. While there are many over-the-counter products promising to relieve the symptoms, the best way to avoid itchy eyes and a runny nose is to limit your exposure to pollen.
See also: Hazardous household items you might want to avoid
See also: These bizarre cold remedies may actually work
Here are eight tips to help you feel better during allergy season:
1. Pollen peaks around the middle of the day, so avoid going out during this time if you can.
2. Remember to take your shoes off and change your clothes as soon as you get home. That way, you'll bring less pollen into the house.
3. Keep the windows of your house closed to keep pollen outside.
4. The same goes for your car – keep the windows shut. (Remembering never to leave pets or children in a car during hot weather.)
6. If you suffer from itchy eyes, try wearing large wrap-around sunglasses. They may stop pollen from entering your eyes.
7. If you need relief from allergens, use nasal saline, such as nasal sprays and neti pots to help alleviate sinus congestions, and eye drops for sore eyes.
8. Take a shower and shampoo your hair before bed to remove any pollen from your hair.
Three products to help combat hayfever and allergies:
Heaven Fresh HF-200 (XJ-2000) Ionic Air Purifier and Ionizer, £50.04
Puressentiel Respiratory Nasal Spray, 15 ml, £9.99
Piriton Allergy Tablets, 60 Tablets, £6.69