This video shows you how to make sure you pan-sear a steak to perfection.
See also: How to make a perfect steak pie
Here's what you need to do:
1. Choose a well-marbled steak as the fat will add more flavour.
2. Salt it extremely well.
3. Use a cast iron pan and get it smoking hot.
4. Let it brown, then brown the other side, making sure you sear the edges too.
5. Add some butter and apply it to the outside.
6. Check it's done using a meat thermometer. For rare, cook to 115F.
7. Let it rest for 10 minutes, then carve against the grain.
See also: The best steak burritos ever