Top 2009 book searches:
- The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
- Born Bad by Josephine Cox
- The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson
- The Host by Stephanie Meyer
- Under the Dome by Stephen King
- Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett
- New Moon by Stephanie Meyer
- Guiness World Records 2010
- Cross Country by James Patterson
- Delia's Happy Christmas by Delia Smith
The master of storytelling, Stephen King, released his epic (over a 1000 pages) novel Under the Dome in November 2009. In this story a rural American town is suddenly encompassed by a huge bubble-dome, cutting it off from the outside world. Originally, it came from two books that King tried to write in the late 1970s and 80s.
Unseen Academicals is the 37th adventure in the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett. This series is set in a parallel universe that is supported on the back of elephants that stand on a turtle's shell (it's safe to say that Pratchett's novels are of the fantasy variety). Pratchett released the book in October 2009, and is showing he can produce best-selling novels as he fights his own battle against Alzheimer's.
And one book that is guaranteed to make Christmas dinner run smoothly, is Delia's Happy Christmas, by Delia Smith. Delia's recipes are virtually fool-proof, so if you're hosting your first big Christmas celebration, this book is a must-buy. It even has a countdown section to help you plan your foodie festivities.
Are there any books you'd like for Christmas? Share your favourites with us...