The internet is a huge place with so much going on, it can be really hard to find your way around. That's what's so great about this blog. Every day we'll take a look at the most popular AOL searches - news, celebrities, music, TV and movies, health, shopping, sports, games and all the stories that you're interested in - and post them in one convenient place for you to read. Sounds pretty cool doesn't it?
You may be wondering, why do I need to read this blog? Well, have you ever tried to join a conversation with friends or colleagues but you just have no idea what they're talking about? Have you heard them discussing what happened on YouTube or Facebook, or how they found the cheapest flights or shoes on the web, and what on earth are memes*?! Don't worry, that's exactly what this blog is here for: to save you from those embarrassing conversations! But even if you already have an enviable knowledge of current affairs and popular culture, there's still so much out there on the net that it's good to have a place to catch up on all the latest news. Whether it's information on the latest gadgets or the hottest DVD's or the weird and wonderful delights of the web, you can stay in the know by checking in regularly with this blog. I can promise you'll never be lost for words again!
Another reason why blogs (and this one especially) are so great is that we can post daily - and even send you updates to let you know when there's something new to read - so you can be sure we're really on the ball. And if you ever think we've missed something (surely not?) then please tell us by leaving a comment. You can also use the comments to let us know what you think of the new Hot Searches blog and to tell us all about you: what sort of things interest you? What do you search for? Comment as much as you like and let us get to know you better.
*FYI: a meme is kind of an internet inside joke. Learn them here first and impress your web-savvy friends!
Facts about March 23rd:
- Pakistan celebrates its National Day
- 1903 - The Wright Brothers apply for a patent on one of their first successful airplanes
- 1968 - birth of Damon Albarn, (Blur, Gorillaz and The Good, the Bad & the Queen)
- 1972 - birth of Joe Calzaghe, Welsh boxer
- 1972 - death of Cristóbal Balenciaga, Spanish fashion designer
- 1978 - birth of Perez Hilton, American television personality and blogger
- Jade Goody - suffering from cervical cancer
- Natasha Richardson - died in a skiing accident
- Dancing on Ice final - exciting finale at the weekend
- Ray Quinn - winner of Dancing on Ice
- Euromillions - a huge jackpot to be won!
- Six Nations - the final of the championship won by Ireland
- Grand Designs - live show goes on tour
- Concert tickets - Michael Jackson and more
- iPhone 3.0 - the latest product from Apple
- Ideal Home Show - live at London's Earl's Court