Larry Lamb has told how he and his family had a meeting to discuss whether he should go on I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
At 69, the actor - who contracted malaria after a trip to Senegal in 2010 - is the oldest contestant to brave the Aussie jungle this year.
He has been quoted by The Sun as saying he had to clear it with his family before signing up.
Larry, who has four kids including TV presenter son George Lamb, said: "It's a family business.
"Everybody had to agree that it was ok for the old boy to do it.
"We had a family meeting."
Larry has previously told how he suffered some hearing loss after getting malaria six years ago.
The former EastEnder will be sharing the jungle camp with the likes of Carol Vorderman, Ola Jordan and Olympian Sam Quek.
Googlebox star Scarlett Moffatt, former England defender Wayne Bridge, presenter and model Lisa Snowdon, actor Adam Thomas, comedian Joel Dommett and Diversity dancer Jordan Banjo are also heading Down Under for the show.
I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! returns at 9pm on Sunday, November 13.