The countdown is officially on to the big reveal of the iPhone 7 later today.
We've heard all the rumours - no headphone jack, better camera, yada yada yada - but what about the updates and functions that we all *really* need in our lives?
Like these, for example ...
1. Vetoing any messages that are likely to cause feelings of great sorrow and regret the next day
2. Filtering out social media posts your phone just knows you'll find annoying 'cos it *gets* you
3. Deleting all the bad selfies from a batch of 20-odd to save you the embarrassment of scrolling back through them yourself
4. Being completely indestructible - from water, concrete, moving vehicles, whatever
5. Having a battery life that lasts about a week like these old beauties
6. Adding an emergency button that sends an emoji guidebook to those who repeatedly misuse the grimace face as a grinning face
7. Staging an intervention when you've been browsing through Facebook for 15 minutes and somehow find yourself on your old school friend's boyfriend's brother's profile
Apple, you're welcome.