Being able to sing and act can get you a long way in showbiz.
10. Ice Cube: The NWA rapper first proved his acting credentials in 1991's Boyz n the Hood, a gritty drama set on the South Central streets where he was raised. He has gone on to star in major movies like 22 Jump Street.
9. Mark Wahlberg: Once known as Marky Mark of the Funky Bunch, the Boston-born rapper turned to acting in the mid 90s, and by 2006 was starring in Martin Scorcese's The Departed.
8. Elvis: The best-selling solo singer in history made a promising start to his movie career with convincingly dramatic roles in Love Me Tender and Jailhouse Rock, before he was contracted to a conveyor of formulaic star-vehicles.
7. Tim McGraw: The US country singer is now a respected actor and starred in 2015's Tomorrowland alongside George Clooney.
6. Jennifer Hudson: The seventh-placed contestant on American Idol's third season went on to win the best supporting actress Oscar for her role in Dreamgirls in 2006.
5. Frank Sinatra: The legendary decades-spanning singer won an Oscar for best supporting actor in 1954 for his role in From Here to Eternity, and starred in such hits as Ocean 11 and Guys and Dolls.
4. Bette Midler: The platinum-selling performer has been nominated twice for an Oscar and has won two Golden Globes.
3. Cher: One half of 60s superstar duo Sonny and Cher, she went on to make it big in Hollywood winning a best actress Oscar for 1987's Moonstruck.
2. Barbara Streisand: Her voice and acting skills have earned her a place among a select few to have have completed the EGOT - an Emmy, a Grammy, an Oscar and a Tony award.
1. Will Smith: From his days as one part of rap duo DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince, Will became a major Hollywood player starring in mega-hits Independence Day and Men in Black.