Tiger Woods insists he will be ready to compete at the Hero World Challenge in December.
The 14-time major champion last played competitively at the Wyndham Championship in August 2015.
Woods was set to return at the Safeway Open last week, but withdrew as he felt his game was not ready.
However, the 40-year-old said he would be back for the Hero World Challenge, which he hosts and benefits his foundation.
"I'll be there. I'm playing," Woods said on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert.
"I'm not quite there, where I feel like I can shoot 63s and 64s in tournaments.
"I'm shooting the low rounds at home, but I just don't quite feel as quite ready to shoot those type scores under tournament conditions."
The Hero World Challenge is set to be held in the Bahamas from December 1-4.
Woods has already said he still has his sights set on beating Jack Nicklaus' record of 18 majors.