We use smartphones for so many things, from watching TV and playing games, to checking emails and sharing photos. But whenever we go online without connecting to Wi-Fi we use mobile data, so it's important to know how much we use and how to make it work harder.
Data allowances commonly range from around 250MB to 2GB (2000MB), but you can get through it quickly if you use your smartphone a lot. If you connect to Wi-Fi whenever you can, you'll cut down the costs. Here's how much data you could use on average in your day-to-day life.
So how much data might I use every day?
- Sending messages for 1 hour = 2MB
I'm mostly a talker and texter
- Receiving 1 picture message = 4MB
- Downloading 10 emails = 1MB
- Searching on Google for 10 minutes = 5MB
That's 12MB of data allowance every day.
- Making video calls for 5 minutes = 20MB
I'm a busy working parent
- Streaming kids' TV for 10 minutes = 30MB
- Using Google Maps for 5 minutes = 5MB
- Browsing the web for 1 hour = 25MB
That's 80MB of data allowance every day.
- Streaming music for 20 minutes = 20MB
I'm an online gamer
- Online gaming for 1 hour = 45MB
- Browsing Facebook for 1 hour = 20MB
- Streaming videos for 15 minutes = 45MB
That's 130MB of data allowance every day.
6 ways to make your data allowance go further1. Some apps work in the background and use a lot of data. Make sure you close any apps you aren't using, or delete them if you never use them.
2. Updates to apps and your operating system use data too, so set these to download only when you have a Wi-Fi connection.
3. Set up an alert on your smartphone to remind you when you are near your limit. So if your allowance is 100MB a month, set one up at 80MB. You can also check your data balance online in My Account, where you can view what you've used.
4. When you are at home, make sure your router is turned on and connect to the Wi-Fi network with your smartphone.
5. Only turn mobile data on when you're actually using it.
6. If you need extra data, add a flexible Mobile Boost of 150MB or 500MB a month at a time with no long-term commitments.
If you need any more information or help with your mobile data allowance, you'll find it on our mobile data help page.