Most people know that they must protect their computers from viruses with security software. But some don't realise that their smartphones and tablets are computers too, so they also need the same protection.
MOBILE SCAMS TO WATCH OUT FOR
Tapping on a malicious link within a text, email, website or rogue mobile app can:
1) Sign you up for premium rate SMS text services which the scammers own.
2) Download malware that can steal personal information from your device.
3) Download a virus such as ransomware, which locks your device meaning you receive a message telling you a payment must be made to unlock it.
BENEFITS OF MOBILE SECURITY SOFTWARE
- Stops you visiting websites which may contain harmful content or steal information like your banking details and passwords.
- Keeps you safe when shopping or banking from your mobile or tablet with the latest Banking Protection.
- Scans your mobile or tablet for viruses and other malicious code, keeping you safe online.
- Helps you to remotely locate your lost mobile device, and to lock and delete personal information and photos from a lost or stolen Android device.
- Allows you to block bullies, aggressive salespeople or others harassing you via texts or emails.
Mobile attacks are a growing market for hackers and scammers, so make sure you keep yourself protected.
TalkTalk's SuperSafe Boost, powered by award-winning security experts F-Secure, does just that. All TalkTalk broadband customers can protect one device for free here, or can protect up to 8 of the family's devices for just £2 a month (normally it would cost over £99 per year). For Plus TV Customers, SuperSafe Boost is included on up to 8 devices for free.